Sunday 29-Sep Informal Volunteer Drop-In Induction *RECOMMENDED*
“Where, why, how and what” with finds handling and registration for fieldwork.
Where: Tees Wildlife Trust, Margrove Heritage Centre, Margrove Park, Boosbeck, TS12 3BZ. Free parking and toilet facilities.
Time: Midday until 3pm (any time)
- If anybody interested in this or future fieldwork could also please register at https://clevelandarchaeology.com/contact/
- Project information
- Teesside archaeology map & timelines
Field-walking Mon-30-Sep through Fri-04-Oct around 9.30am to 3.30pm
*NOTE* after the very wet weather on Sun-29-Sep, Monday may prove too muddy for field-walking, but we’ll assess that morning.
10-15 max volunteers aged 18+, age 11+ (but is school week) require parent or guardian presence (no dogs please). If we have more people we may either pair-up or do a “first come” selection. Suitable clothing for walking wet ploughed fields (wellington boots and a bin bag with change of shoes), food, fluids and sanitary hand treatment. A portaloo is provided, insurance covered for third party liability.
Gather at 9.00am at the bottom of the Cleveland Way / farm track (not on the track please) at Skelton Green. The walk from there to the farm is moderate but not long; it is derivable but rather rough. We have a 4×4 which seats three, and can do runs to the farm house HQ area. Please do not enter any fields unaccompanied.
- Airy Hill Farm is “HQ” (Google Map https://tinyurl.com/y6xjpgcn)
- Risk Assessment PDF (all volunteers will be asked to read and sign)
- Supervisors through the week are Adam Mead (07933 673946), Guy Forster, Paul Docherty and Spencer Carter | Who we are
Apologies again for the very short notice. There will be more chances – and much more fieldwork – next year, grant funding dependent. We also aim to present our results so far at community and school venues through the winter and Spring 2020.